Monday, December 3, 2012

Gingerbread House Advent Calendar

I'm excited to share the fun and easy project for a cute Gingerbread house advent calendar! I know that today is the 3rd but you can still do an advent calendar or just do the 12 days of Christmas! This year I wanted to make an advent calendar for our built in bookcases. Of course you could easily make it a garland with ribbon and hang with clothes pins. I wanted something that would easy to make, not super labor intensive and of course cute. I saw these darling gingerbread houses at Michaels by Martha Stewart and I knew they would be perfect! I bought four packs of the houses (40% off), gingerbread stickers, number stickers and ribbon. I decorated the house doors with number stickers, filled with treats and tied the boxes closed with ribbon and gingerbread man sticker. (please make sure the treats are wrapped so they stay fresh & safe to eat) I think they turned out so cute and my boys can not wait to open them each day.







2 comments:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Oh my gosh! how cute is this? So so clever! I love this idea. I'd like to pin it!
Karen

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen! Of course you're welcome to pin it!